- 100% free for personal use
- $29.99 for commercial use
- Instant download in HTML, plain text & hosted versions
- Money back guarantee if you aren't 100% delighted
Ignore the law, and you could be inviting a civil lawsuit, an eye-watering fine or - in extreme cases - even criminal prosecution.
In the US, settlements for breaches of privacy legislation, like the CAN SPAM Act, routinely reach millions of dollars.
In Italy, one company was fined 5.88 million euros (approx $6.46m) for breaching data protection law.
In other countries, extreme breaches of data protection law are even subject to criminal prosecution.
Based in another country? You can still get in trouble, if you have US or EU users (read: almost every website). In the Italian example, the company fined millions of euros was a British company.
"But I Don't Collect Personal Data..."
If you run a website in 2017, you almost certainly collect personal data - even if you are unaware of it. And ignorance is no excuse for complying with the law.
As a general "rule of thumb", any website that...
- Tracks visitor numbers (eg, Google Analytics)
- Collects any personal data (eg, email addresses for a newsletter)
- Shows advertising (eg, Google AdSense)
- Takes online payments (Like PayPal or credit cards)
- Has user accounts
...needs to tell their users how their data is being used, stored and processed.
Data often collected includes:-
- Names & addresses
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- IP address (eg, via hosting logs)
- Geo location data
"But That Doesn't Apply To Me..."
- 100% non-commercial
- Not owned by a business
- Owned by a charity, not-for-profit or NGO
Not sure? Then you almost certainly need a commercial licence.
We also offer a paid service for commercial use. This includes websites that:
- Are owned by a business/corporation/partnership/sole traders
- Sell or market products or services
- Display any kind of advertising
- Contain affiliate links
- Are brochures for offline businesses
It costs a one-off charge of $29.99 via PayPal or credit/debit card. Card payments are processed securely via Stripe.com, which means we never see your credit card details.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Please check our FAQ.